Thursday, January 27, 2011

The dates my iPhone app changed states in iTunes Connect

This is going to be a quick post, mainly for those anxious developers who are submitting their application to iTunes Connect for the first time. You probably want to know how long you should wait until you hear back from Apple. I know I did (not to mention I was checking my email every 5 minutes!)

  1. First I went to iTunes Connect and setup the my app's information (you can do this at any point, but you need to have the screenshots and be prepared to write a description, etc. I had prepared all this before I went to setup the app. There is a guide in iTunes Connect that describes exactly what you need). Then I received an email that the status of my app has been changed to "Waiting for Upload".
  2. Then I submitted my app on January 17, 2011 at 11 pm using the Organizer in Xcode. If everything is in order it will be successfully submitted (I suggest validating your app before the actual submission by clicking on the "Validate" button on the Organizer). Then I received an email right away that the status of my app has been changed to "Waiting for Review".
  3. Then I waited five looooong days (I suppose it's a lot better than waiting a couple of weeks or whatever, which apparently how it used to be) and on January 22, 2011 (Saturday) at 11:51 am, I received an email that the status of my app has been changed to "In Review".
  4. And the next day on Sunday January 23, 2011 at 3:16 pm I received an email saying the status of my app has been changed to "Processing for App Store". And immidiately after that at 3:17 pm, I received an email saying the status of the app has been changed to "Ready for Sale".

That brings me to another point, if you're wondering whether the reviewers work on the weekends; then I guess yes they do. I suppose you don't get to work at Apple if you're a slacker.

Anyways, hope this was helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment